Thursday, June 16, 2011

Day 14 Orrsville, OH to Bellefontaine, OH 119 miles

What a day! We woke up at 5 and were on the road by 630. Earliest start by far. We came across some folks biking from LA to Boston. Except, they were in a group with chase cars, planned meals, and hotels! What???? So soft. We're going further, carrying 50lbs, navigating ourselves, camping, and never knowing where our next meal will be. I'm upset that we share the same accomplishment.

I taunted the rest of the pack about only going to boston and having to ride through Amish country.the morning was hilly up to Mansfield. Greg's kankle was bothering him a lot and u was legitimately worried about him. I had taken ibuprofen for my knee so I was fine, but he was another story. He sucked it up and was doing ok by the late afternoon.

Lunch seemed like it would never come. Finally we got to a place with no name in a nameless town,. Our horses also had no name... anyway I ate a couple gyros and we soldiered on. The road got flat and we crushed miles to Bellefontaine. It was awesome. We made it by 8ish, I got pizza and we stayed at some random Shawnee indian campground. Zane's shawnee caverns I think. Weird place. We stayed in a cottage that had lots of flies. It was named raven. It was so raven. I mowed em down with a sandal and carnage was in the dozens. We passed out early and were really excited that we did 119 miles. That's about 4 times longer than any ride I had done before the trip. Awesome.

Love
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. to L.A. 2011: Bike Trip Across the USA's Facebook Wall