Thursday, June 30, 2011

Day 23 Kansas City, MO to Lyndon, KS 70 miles riding

My flight got into KC pretty late. I got stuck on the runway in NY for two hours and ended up not getting to bed until about 2. I woke up at 745 and started rallying. Breakfast was great, I said my goodbyes to Shaun, Sterling, and Thomas and all my other friends at the Courtyard KC. Great people.

It got hot and the going was slow. Navigating solo was no fun and getting through Kansas city was not fun at all. I ended up having to go the wrong way on a highway with no shoulder, thanks google maps. Again, no fun.

Eastern kansas was suprisingly hilly and littered with dirt roads. It was over 100 with the heat index and things just weren't working out. I grinded about 70 miles because of bad directions and attempts to dodge dirt roads but still had 38 to go. It was after 8 and I was looking at a very late night. Then I met Nancy. What an awesome woman! She gave me gatorade, made me a sandwich, and brought me all the way to meet greg! Sure taking a ride was soft, but given the heat and time it was necessary. reunited and it feels so good!

Love
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. to L.A. 2011: Bike Trip Across the USA's Facebook Wall