Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 33 Alamosa, CO to Chama, NM

Apparently today was the day to move cattle the rodeo so we awoke with tons of company.

Then we hit the road. Vicious headwinds. We had lunch in Antonito with a loud, eyebrowless waitress. We also found Madman's blog. Tooooo funny.

We rode hard and darkness was a bit severe. We climbed the La Manga pass which clocked in at 10230 ft. The downhill was dark but amazing.

I saw one of the most incredible things in my life. I came around a corner and a giant elk was in the road. It scampered to the side and climbed a small hill so the moon was perfectly behind it. Unbelievable. I went for my camera but it ran off, a picture for the memory I guess.

We made it to a campground and showered. Win.

Love
Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment

L.A. to L.A. 2011: Bike Trip Across the USA's Facebook Wall